Monday, July 30, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Variation C Part I

So, 1st Twinkle Twinkle done and I'm now off to my second variation, which is the third variation in the Suzuki Book 1.  Beth recommends skipping Variation B for later and, although I trust her, I was a bit confused at first. After hearing the notes and watching her tutorial on Variation B in ViolinLab.com, I fully understood why.

Alternating Bowing Pattern

I don't know what got into my head, but I went on and played Variation C in full. And because the bowing pattern was new to me, my wrist ended up being shaky, my fingers tight, and my bow was just uncontrollable. This alternating bowing pattern of long-short-short-long is very different from the bowing pattern of Variation A, which was just full of detache or short bow strokes with rest.  So, lesson learned: warm up and prep.  Hopefully I'll get the hang of the bowing pattern so I can post a respectable video next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment