Friday, July 22, 2011

Meet Beth My ViolinLab Instructor

Getting a great violin instructor is really a challenge, especially when you have a busy schedule. As working mom with a 7 y/o daughter, I certainly have to create the time to take violin lessons without having to compromise other personal and professional responsibilities. That goes without saying that I need a violin instructor who is flexible yet still give me the right amount of attention for a good start in learning the violin.


I’ve tried countless searches for a violin tutor that has a flexible schedule, and personally I prefer to have my violin lessons at home. I’ve spent 3 months browsing the net for a tutor just to get the right one. And in order to start right, I also searched for basic video know-hows in YouTube for playing the violin – This is how I found Beth Blackerby, my virtual violin tutor in ViolinLab.com.





Now you know quite a bit of information about Beth, her store, and ViolinLab.com. I’ve been using the site for more than a week now, and I am currently very satisfied with how my tutorials are going. With all the available videos and tutorials on bow hold, I find Beth’s instructions really detailed and very easy to follow.


So, how can an online violin instructor help you progress through your violin lessons? Aside from the flexibility it gives, all of the students in ViolinLab.com agree that all the video tutorials in Beth’s website are fully detailed. The practice sessions are quite fun and very easy to follow, and Beth has arranged them in a way that will help you as a student progress through your lessons easily and without any difficulty.


Right now, I’m learning the Suzuki Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations. Admittedly, I only got the hang of the piece through Beth’s tutorial. Listening to the accompaniment CD can give you a good idea on how each note should go, but Beth really took the time to demonstrate how you should do your bowing in order to play the variations properly and successfully.


If you wish to know more about Beth and ViolinLab.com, visit her website. You can also view her YouTube channel for a glimpse of the amazing violin tutorial videos Beth has created for those like us who wish to learn the violin at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment