Saturday, August 18, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Variation C, D, & E Suzuki Book 1

After finishing my makeshift camera mount, I finally had a break to take on my violin practice. I haven't been "playing" as in playing.  I was concentrating on my notes and intonation, plus doing some exercises to help my arm get familiar with the different notes in the Twinkle Twinkle variations.

No, I am not looking at a music sheet or a mirror (as I used to) when I recorded this practice.  If you see me constantly glancing at a certain point every now and then, I was checking on my tuner to see if I was on the note or not.



I never thought that I will have the ears to know if I am out of tune. I mean, I know I'm out of tune when I play the violin but only after I watch my recorded practice.  But now, my ears are now gradually getting accustomed to my violin's vibrations and I can tell if I am off or not as I play. I still have to look at my tuner, though, to see if my notes are flat or sharp. However, I believe that I will get to the point of identifying flats and sharps in my notes without the help of my tuner eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment